As an Intern at Meriwether Wilson and Company, you will work alongside staff and partners to develop and grow your knowledge, professionalism and network. You will work on client engagements similar to those assigned to our entry-level associates, gaining exposure to a variety of clients and engagements across our firm.
Internships are available in audit, tax, or a combination of the two and can be part-time or full-time. Generally, Spring semester internships run from mid-January through April 15th and Summer internships can typically run from late May through early August.
Responsibilities (dependent on the time of year) :
- Complete audit testing on financial statement accounts
- Analyze and test internal control systems
- Help draft audit reports
- Update depreciation schedules
- Aid in physical inventory observation
- Assist in preparing tax returns of all kinds (individuals, partnerships, estates).
- Prepare tax projections and quarterly estimates for clients
- Prepare journal entries and adjust client’s financial statements as needed
- Research tax or audit topics
- Join in firm outings and networking
- Foundational accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Strong communication skills
- Drive and initiative to grow and not be afraid of mistakes
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Intern candidates must be working toward an accounting degree and CPA exam eligibility
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher (in major and overall) preferred.