Meriwether, Wilson and Company, PLLC is an Iowa-based firm with offices in West Des Moines and Perry. We are a full-service accounting firm dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of financial and business needs. We have proudly served clients throughout the Midwest for more than seventy years.
Our Perry office is looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and serve as a business advisor to our clients.
Tax Manager responsibilities would include:
- Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise
- Prepare and review returns of all filing structures.
- Providing tax planning strategies to maximize client benefits
- Consulting with business clients to aid in their profitability and growth
- Oversee staff, assess their performance, and provide feedback
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate audits and correspondences with taxing agencies
Qualifications for this position would be:
- Proven work experience as a tax manager
- Excellent knowledge of tax law, accounting principles, and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of Lacerte tax software is preferred
- Ability to maintain and develop client relationships through planning and communication
- Drive to grow professionally and with the firm
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Communication and leadership skills to train and lead staff
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation, hold an active CPA license, and have 5+ years of experience in public accounting tax work
- Small-Medium medium-sized firm gives daily access to partners and their knowledge base
- Managers are key to our success and your voice and opinions will be used to help shape firm strategy, culture, and future
- We provide a work environment that allows growth and success
- Want to be part of firm leadership – we will show you how
- With a wide-ranging client base of different structures and industries each day provides something new
- Cloud-based software allows for flexible schedules and the ability to work remotely when the schedule dictates
- Low turnover allows for relationship building with clients and colleagues
- Competitive salary and benefits
Meriwether, Wilson and Company, PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.